HSRP (Hot Standby Router Protocol)
- It is Cisco proprietary
- In Group one device became Active and One Standby rest are Listening.
- It uses a separate virtual IP address.
- Maximum number of groups can be configured -16
- Hello timer :3 sec
- Hold timer:10 sec
6.We have to enable preempt.
7.Multicast IP address used at:220.127.116.11 (ver1), 18.104.22.168 (ver2). Both versions use UDP port 1985
VRRP (Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol)
- It is an open standard (IETF).
- In Group one device is Master and one or more Backup.
- An interface real IP address can be used as a virtual IP address.
- Maximum number of groups can be configured -256
- Hello timer:1 sec
- Hold timer: 3 sec
6.By default preempt is enabled.
7.Multicast IP address :22.214.171.124 and IP Protocol :112.